Frequently Asked Questions

Don't see your question listed below? Please get in touch with us at

What aviation programs does our Partner School offer?

Our Partner School offers the ATPL Integrated & College program Course, including the private & commercial Pilot Licenses which includes all the Pre requisites. 

Why pursue an undergraduate degree at our Partner School?

Our program are designed for students who love to fly, and who want a university education to supplement their flight training. Both are intensive programs, coupling a full college degree with a Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) and ATPL (F). Students with a passion for flying that are able to multi-task and schedule their time well are ideal candidates for either program. In ground school classes, you will learn concepts that complement your flight training, such as how global positioning systems (GPS) work, geographic information systems (GIS), aerodynamics, atmospheric science, and meteorology.

Why should I do flight training through your Partner School?

The Aviation programs allow you to complete a Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) & ATPL (F) and undergraduate college degree simultaneously. Both programs complement your flight training by teaching you topics that are relevant to the aviation industry.

Your undergraduate degree will help you compete for jobs after graduation. If you decide to no longer pursue a career as a pilot, your degree is a perfect back-up plan.

What is the cost of this program?

contact us at hello@av8services for more information 

Flight training 

Can I apply to an aviation program at the school if I have no flight experience?

Yes! You do not need previous flight experience to apply to either program. We do recommend that you spend some time in a small plane in order to gauge your comfort level. This can be done through a discovery flight at your nearest flight centre.

Can I apply to an aviation program at our school if I already have flight training?


Where does flight training take place?

The flight training takes place at the Saint Hubert Airport It is located at the south of the Montreal Region and has grown to be one of the top flight schools in Canada, with training recognized by Transport Canada.

Transportation to the academy is currently not provided, however Public transportation is easily accessible from the facility

What will the flight program include? When will the flight training take place?

See the Program Details for More information. 

How many flight hours will I gain in the program?

You will gain an average of 200+ total time.

What is an Aviation-Language Proficiency Test (ALPT)? Where can I get it done?

The ALPT is an English-language or French-language test designed to evaluate your ability to communicate effectively in an aviation context. Only international students are required to take this test. For more information, see Transport Canada's ALPT test taker guide.


What is Medical Category 1 certificate? Where can I get it done?

In order to fly in Canada, you must receive a Transport Canada Medical Category 1 certification, which is a standardized health screening to ensure you are eligible to become a commercial pilot.

You will need to be examined by an approved Civil Aviation Medical Examiner .

The process may take two to three weeks to complete and wait times vary to see the approved medical examiner. It is recommended that you initiate this as early as possible during the application process, in order to ensure you qualify for the program before accepting or committing to an offer of admission.

The Transport Canada Category 1 Medical certificate is valid for one year. Students must obtain a Category 1 Medical every year once they begin commercial training, and throughout their career.

What are the SAMRA/SARON exams and when do I write them?

An Airline Transport Pilot Licence (APTL) is the highest level of aircraft pilot’s licence a pilot can hold, and is the goal for most working pilots as most commercial airlines require crews of two or more pilots to be commanded by an APTL pilot.

Part of this certification is passing two Transport Canada examinations. The SAMRA exam includes meteorology, radio navigation and flight planning, while the SARON exam includes law, flight operations and general navigation topics. The SAMRA and SARON exams are written by students in their final semester after they’ve completed their flight training, Flight Lab and Flight Management courses.